Acknowledging and accepting diversity in relation to e.g. age, gender, ethnicity, language and educational background improves organisation’s productivity, innovation and service quality and enhances wellbeing. It is also an important factor when reducing unemployment and social inclusion. Added to these, the Finnish legislation obligates private and public sector organisations to pay attention to improve gender equality and diversity of all employees and in their services.
Our specialists have wide ranging experience from all aspects of equality and diversity work and KoulutusAvain is one of the leading gender equality and diversity expert organisations in Finland. Taking equality and diversity issues into account on a practical level is our absolute strength. We do this work both on national and international level.
We provide training and consultation on the following subjects:
- Equality and diversity in the activities and development of organisations
- Gender and equality planning
- Gender and equality training for development and research projects and programmes
- Equality and non-discrimination in promoting employment and social inclusion
- Equality and diversity in multicultural client work
- Equality and diversity in education
- Gender mainstreaming and gender impact evaluation.
KoulutusAvain is currently working with Oulu University of Applied Sciences on the Sinä Osaat! development project, which is funded by the European Social Fund. The aim of the project is to reduce educational and working life gender segregation. As part of the project, we develop methods, tools, materials and new skills on how to encourage girls to study and work in technology related occupations. Sinä osaat! is an international project. You can follow the project and participate in the project activities in www.sinaosaat.fi and in our social media platforms @sinaosaat